This post contains affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase by clicking on one of my links, I will receive a small commission, at no additional cost to you, that will help me continue to bring you valuable content. Thanks for supporting In Search of Sheila! 🙂
Here are my favorite tools and resources I use every day to run my blog and social media platforms! They help me get inspired, create content, promote, schedule, and stay organized!
- Web domain: WordPress.org! I recently switched from Blogger and don’t know why I didn’t do it sooner.
- Web Hosting: I use SiteGround and absolutely love it! Plans start at $3.95 a month and they have an awesome 24/7 chat support team that are always there to help. They even helped me smoothly transition from Blogger to WordPress in a couple of hours! Another option is BlueHost. I haven’t used it personally, but it’s another hosting service widely used by bloggers.
- Newsletter/Email List: I use ConvertKit and highly recommend it for anyone that plans to sell products or services through their list. It’s great for email marketing (opt-in and automation tools are top-notch) and is super easy to use.
- Web Design: I use the Phoebe Theme by Georgia Lou Studios. Affordable and super customizable!
- Email Lead Generator: Interact Quiz Builder is a fun and easy way to get more email list sign-ups and plans start a $0 a month! Check out this quiz I made!
Apple Macbook Pro 13.3″ I recently invested in a MacBook Pro and am OBSESSED! I really believe all the hype that it’s perfect for bloggers!
Canon EOS Rebel T6i I shoot my photos with this camera and EF-S 18-55mm lens. One of my favorite things about it can connect to WIFI! Instantly uploads my photos to my phone (great for Instagram) + I can use my phone as a remote!
Adobe Creative Cloud Photography Plan is great for anyone that shoots and edits their own photos. I lease the package for $9.95 a month and it includes the newest versions of Lightroom and Photoshop, which I use to edit my photos on my blog and Instagram. Check out this post to see what I use to edit my Instagram photos.
Canva is where I create all my Pinterest images and content upgrades (worksheets, checklists). It’s totally free and very easy to use!
- I love EverNote to organize my blog post ideas and drafts. I mostly use the app on my phone, but you can use it on your computer too
- My Bullet Journal keeps my life (and blog) organized.
- I prefer to brainstorm ideas and draft posts on old fashion pen and paper and I use a content calendar to plan out my posts in advance.
PINTEREST/SOCIAL MEDIA SCHEDULING
- Pinterest: I use Tailwind to schedule daily pins and to contribute to Tailwind Tribes. I use BoardBooster to schedule too, but mainly because of its pin looping feature.
- I schedule my Twitter and Facebook posts on HootSuite. It saves so much time and brings in even more traffic!
- Linktree is a free tool that allows you to add multiple links to your Instagram bio
There’s so much to learn when it comes to blogging, so here are my favorite courses, ebooks, and workbooks I’ve personally used to grow my blog.
- Career In The Making eBook by Krista Aoki of Reroute Lifestyle. Learn how to take your hobby blog to a business with this eBook full of actionable strategies that Krista used herself to make over $2,200 in her first 6 months of blogging!
- Double Your Blog Traffic in 30 Days by Kate Bialowas of Layered Indulgence. This free eCourse helped me get my blog up and running during my rebrand! Learn authentic and actionable strategies to get more pageviews and readers to your blog.
- Strong Brand Mini Course by Allison Marshall of Wonderlass This free workshop style eCourse is literally how I built my brand for my blog. Allison is a pro at branding and provides on-point exercises and strategies for creating a standout brand for your blog
- Profit From Your Passion Online Course by Krista Dickson of Blog Beautifully. This course is an investment but is the #1 resource that helped me grow my blog. It covers ALL the bases (branding, audience, email lists, social media, Pinterest, monetizing, and more!) Krista is also one of my favorite bloggers and knows her stuff.
- I’m a proud member of Blog Boss Babe! BBB is an online blogging community with video training modules to teach you everything from finding your blog focus, getting more traffic & growing your audience, how to become a social media maven, and everything in between. There’s also monthly challenges, access to blogging experts such as Taylor Wolf of The Daily Tay and Kallie Branciforte of But First, Coffee, discounts on tools, and so much more! I joined because I wanted access to the tools and resources to grow my blog and a supportive community to build relationships with other bloggers. It’s only been a month and I’ve made so many friends and my blog is already seeing a spike in growth. Come join us here!
And not to toot my own horn or anything…but I have my own 7-day eCourse that’s totally free! If you’re struggling to get page views and readers to come back to your blog, this course is for you! You’ll learn authentic growth strategies to build your very own blog squad. Click here to join over 100 other students today!
Want more? Subscribe to my newsletter to get weekly blogging tips and access to my Blogger Resource Library, full of free worksheets, checklists, how-to guides, templates, and MORE! And share this page by pinning the image below to help others! 🙂