One of the biggest secrets I’ve discovered on my personal and blogging journey is gratitude. But not just around the holidays…every damn day. Practicing daily gratitude helps to quiet the inner voice that’s bringing you down and telling you to do better. It reminds you of all the awesome things going on in your life and how far you’ve come. As bloggers, I know it can be really hard to pat yourself on the back sometimes. So many of us struggle with comparing ourselves to others, not having the picture perfect Instagram feed, or fall behind on our posting schedule.
But you know what? At the end of the day, none of that crap matters. When gratitude becomes a daily habit, you’ll start to look at the world in a different way. When you sit and reflect on how many things you do have compared to others who have less, your perspective can do a total 360. In turn, you’ll become a more positive and productive person. And those struggles of self-doubt, fear, comparison, and overwhelm will be embraced as signs to take a step back, rather than a trigger to keep pushing.
Keep reading for a list of 50 things to be grateful for every day. The goal of this post is to remind you that there is so much we already have in our lives. Reflecting on that will help you overcome any challenge you face.
Not Just During the Holidays
Although it’s wonderful that we have holidays to remind us to be thankful for our families, friends, and everything good in our lives, but let’s not forget to It’s easy to forget that it’s important to practice daily gratitude and not just one day out of the year. In addition to being thankful for your family, good food, and Black Friday sales, take a few minutes out of your day to be thankful for the little things in life. Today I’m sharing 50 things to be grateful for everyday.
1. Waking up & getting out of bed
3. Access to clean drinking water
5. Forgiveness and letting go of grudges
6. Learning from mistakes
8. Early mornings
9. Sleeping in
10. Positive people
11. Ability to connect with others through your blog and brand
12. Having a purpose and motivator to show up to your blog every day
13. Blogging wins like comments, someone sharing it, or a few more page views than yesterday
14. Days off from work
15. The kindness of strangers
16. Meeting new people
17. When someone buys you a coffee or meal
19. Finding happiness
20. Receiving complements from others
21. When someone holds the door for you
23. Great customer service
25. Being thanked
26. Finding confidence
27. Your waitress/waiter/barista/cashier/maintenance people
28. Changing of seasons
29. Honesty and authenticity in others
31. Ability to travel
32. Second chances
33. Your job/career/side hustle
34. Doing things alone
36. Electricity + technology + the internet
37. Your pet
38. The power to blog about whatever you choose
40. Hobbies other than blogging
41. Opportunities you’ve been given
42. Little wins
43. Goals and plans for the future
46. Productivity tools
47. The blogging community
49. New experiences
50. Loving yourself
Try to practice daily gratitude by taking a few minutes every morning or night to write down in a journal 5 things you are thankful for. It can be as simple as “friends” or “my parents” or as in depth as something specific that happened that day. Try this for a week and see how you feel.
And if you’re in search of strategies to grow your blogging community, I encourage you to take my free 7-day ecourse!
Wanna build your blog squad?
Enroll in this FREE 7-day eCourse where you'll learn authentic strategies to grow a loyal blog audience!