This post contains affiliate links, which means if you make a purchase by clicking on one of my links, I will receive a small commission, at no additional cost to you, that will help me continue to bring you valuable content. Thanks for supporting In Search of Sheila! 🙂
Here are my favorite tools and resources I use every day to run my blog and social media platforms! They help me get inspired, create content, promote, schedule, and stay organized!
- Web domain: WordPress.org! I recently switched from Blogger and don’t know why I didn’t do it sooner.
- Web Hosting: I use SiteGround and absolutely love it! Plans start at $3.95 a month and they have an awesome 24/7 chat support team that are always there to help. They even helped me smoothly transition from Blogger to WordPress in a couple of hours! Another option is BlueHost. I haven’t used it personally, but it’s another hosting service widely used by bloggers.
- Newsletter/Email List: I use ConvertKit and highly recommend it for anyone that plans to sell products or services through their list. It’s great for email marketing (opt-in and automation tools are top-notch) and is super easy to use.
- Web Design: I use the Phoebe Theme by Georgia Lou Studios. Affordable and super customizable!
- Camera: I shoot my photos with a Canon EOS Rebel T6i with EF-S 18-55mm lens. One of my favorite things about it can connect to WIFI! Instantly uploads my photos to my phone (great for Instagram) + I can use my phone as a remote!
- Photo editing software: I edit my photos with Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC. I lease the Adobe Cloud photography package for $9.95 a month. It includes Lightroom CC and Photoshop CC.
- Check out this post to see what I use to edit my Instagram photos.
- Creative Market is a great place for stock photos, fonts, web templates (where I got mine) and more!
- Graphics: I create all my Pinterest images and content upgrades (worksheets, checklists) on Canva or Photoshop. Canva is free and very easy to use and great for creating freebies to grow your email list.
- I love EverNote to organize my blog post ideas and drafts. I mostly use the app on my phone, but you can use it on your computer too
- My Bullet Journal keeps my life (and blog) organized.
- I prefer to brainstorm ideas and draft posts on old fashion pen and paper and I use a content calendar to plan out my posts in advance.
PINTEREST/SOCIAL MEDIA SCHEDULING
- Pinterest: I use Tailwind to schedule daily pins and to contribute to Tailwind Tribes. I use BoardBooster to schedule too, but mainly because of its pin looping feature.
- I schedule my Twitter and Facebook posts on Hootsuite. It saves so much time and brings in even more traffic!
There’s so much to learn when it comes to blogging, so here are my favorite courses, ebooks, and workbooks I’ve personally used to grow my blog.
- Double Your Blog Traffic in 30 Days by Layered Indulgence
- Tweak and Peak Blog Challenge by The She Approach
- I’m a proud member of Blog Boss Babe! BBB is an online blogging community with video training modules to teach you everything from finding your blog focus, getting more traffic & growing your audience, how to become a social media maven, and everything in between. There’s also monthly challenges, access to blogging experts such as Taylor Wolf of The Daily Tay and Kallie Branciforte of But First, Coffee, discounts on tools, and so much more! I joined because I wanted access to the tools and resources to grow my blog and a supportive community to build relationships with other bloggers. It’s only been a month and I’ve made so many friends and my blog is already seeing a spike in growth. Come join us here!
Want more? Subscribe to my newsletter to get weekly blogging tips and access to my Blogger Resource Library, full of free worksheets, checklists, how-to guides, templates, and MORE! And share this page by pinning the image below to help others! 🙂