Welcome to day 7…I’m so sad it’s the last day 🙁 But I’m also excited to see how far you’ve come with your blog!
I’m going to share some ways you can connect with other bloggers with a similar focus/target audience. Then I will tell you how to go find them!
HOW TO CONNECT WITH OTHER BLOGGERS
The best way to build friendships with other bloggers is not be afraid of putting yourself out there and being yourself. Authenticity is key! Just because there are millions of other bloggers out there, doesn’t mean there isn’t enough space for you.
There’s no need to grow your audience in a sleazy way (cough cough Instagram follow/unfollowers) nor is there any need to breed competition. The best strategy is to team up with other bloggers in your focus and support each other. Check out this blog post I wrote about why bloggers need other bloggers and the benefits that come along with it.
Here are some more tips:
- Remember to always be yourself!
- Rock your superpower we uncovered in day 4–what makes you unique?
- Figure out where bloggers you want to connect with hang out–Twitter and Instagram are big ones for me.
- Start following bloggers that you genuinely would like to connect with. Maybe you blog about the same things or have similar values. Or maybe you just really love their photos and captions!
- If you don’t know where to start, search relevant hashtags in your niche, the comments section, or look at the follower lists of bloggers you’re already friends with.
- Don’t expect anyone to follow you back! They don’t owe you anything.
- Genuinely engage with their posts–leave THOUGHTFUL comments that spark a conversation. You can even comment with a question for them!
- Don’t follow and then unfollow!!
Today I’m sending you off on your own search to find bloggers to connect with. This is when I like to throw the phrase “in search of blog squad” around 🙂 If you’ve carefully followed my strategies throughout the course you should have developed a solid foundation that will attract the right people to your blog.
You should already know where your potential audience hangs out since we covered that in day 2. Head to those places (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest…) and start scoping out people that have a similar niche as yours or you think would want to connect with you!
Next, head to the daily thread in the Facebook group and share your social media accounts to connect with other members in the group. I promise we’re all nice 🙂
Wow, now it’s really getting near the end! Tomorrow we will wrap up the course with a review and I’ll also be sharing a special bonus you won’t want to miss! Happy searching!
If you are not a student of this free blogging course, you can sign up by clicking on this link, or by entering your information in the form below.
FREE 7 Day Build Your Blog Squad e-Course
Teaches you authentic strategies to grow a loyal blog and social media following of people who want to learn from you, buy from you, and who just GET you.