In Search of Sheila is a positive and encouraging community that helps passionate women discover their purpose and build a blog with intention. We believe that every woman has her own unique voice and the power to manifest her passions into an online space that makes an impact.
Tell me if any of these sound familiar:
- You’re struggling to get traffic to your blog and readers that stick around
- You’re multi-passionate and don’t know what “niche” you fall into
- You have a million ideas for blog posts in your head, but when you go to write you totally blank
- You wish you had more time to do the things you love
Well girl, if you’re nodding your head yes to any of these, you’re in the right place. ‘Cause I’ve felt all these things too.
About the Blog
In Search of Sheila started out as a personal style blog, but now focuses on intentional blogging and purposeful living. After 3 years of blogging about fashion, I came to realize that my blog and lifestyle weren’t fulfilling me or my mission in life anymore. In reality, I didn’t even know what my mission was! After some deep soul-searching involving my floor and the Buddha Bar radio station on Pandora, I discovered that my purpose in life is to always be learning, helping others, and expressing my creativity.
I now fulfill my purpose by helping other women discover theirs on this blog and that brings me so much JOY!
Here at In Search of Sheila, you will find:
- Authentic strategies to grow your blog and audience
- Tips to stand out as a blogger and get your voice heard
- Ways to build a community around your blog
- Other like-minded souls to connect with who are in search of a life of intention and meaning
- A little sass and the occasional swear word. I gotta #keepitreal y’all
I’m here to teach you my best strategies to get more traffic to your blog and how to grow a readership that gives a damn about what you have to say. But I’ll also teach you how to keep it REAL by growing your blog and social media in an authentic and intentional way. You can count on me to deliver if you ask me to–I’m a Taurus, so my loyalty is FIERCE.
Well, hello there! I’m Sheila (did you guess that by now?) and I’m the creator behind In Search of Sheila. I always joke about how I can’t find myself…but in reality that’s what life is all about: living the life you want and discovering yourself in the process. I live every day with intention and purpose and want to help others do the same, because why should we dwell on all that negative junk? There’s SO much more to life, like iced coffee and donuts 😉
I currently live in Pennsylvania where I work as an archivist and librarian by day, blogger and content creator by night. I’ve lived in PA basically all my life (I was an army brat until I was 4, living in Europe, New York, and Kansas before settling in the Keystone State) and I definitely call it home.
I’m completely and utterly obsessed with coffee and writing in my multiple journals (I recently picked up Bullet Journaling and have 3 other journals I regularly write in, lol!) I always start my mornings with gratitude, meditation, and yoga and no, I never used to be a morning person. I’m also known to bust out dancing at home when no one is watching (I live alone btw, if you don’t count my plant, Winston.)
Dying to know more about me? Here are 10 fun facts:
- I really like lists and taking notes. I was even a note taker in college (and got paid for it.)
- I’m more likely to turn on a documentary or historical-drama than anything else. Currently watching: GAME OF THRONES!! #TEAMTARGARYEN
- Photography has been a huge part of my life since I was 14. I take pride in shooting my own photos and love helping others with their cameras and editing.
- You might notice that a lot of my post titles include the number 7. This is my lucky number 🙂
- I’ve worn glasses since I was 10. I actually just got contacts a few months ago, but I’m starting to believe it’s not meant to be.
- If I had to eat one thing for the rest of my life, it’d be potatoes.
- I’ve been in a long distance relationship for 5 years. Yes, it’s possible.
- I just started getting into tracking the moon cycles, learning about my intuition, the Law of Attraction, and all that “woo woo” stuff.
- I met the Minimalists and even got a hug! Photo proof here 😀
- I used to co host a radio show in college called “The Mad House” and I would LOVE to have my own podcast someday. You can check my favorite ones here.
WHERE TO START
So girl, are you ready to embark on the search and take your blog to the next level? Here are some posts to get you started:
- Why You DON’T Need a Blog Niche and What You DO Need Instead
- Blogging With Authenticity: 7 Ways To Keep It Real As a Blogger
- Why Bloggers Should Create Community Not Competition
- 7 Things I’m Doing To Grow My Blog
- 7 Best Investments Worth Making To Grow Your Blog
If you would like to be part of this community, I would love for you to join my squad, so we can stay connected as we embark on blog journeys together. You can also join me on Instagram and Twitter–I hang out in these places A LOT!
Also, feel free to reach out to me via email me for inquiries, questions, comments, or if you just want to say hey and start a conversation. You can contact me here. I’ll make sure to get the coffee brewing and try to save some for you (no promises!)